The American Peptide reference library contains the latest peptide literature abstracts. Click in one of the topics below to access our database.
Click in the link below to see the related article.
- Monoclonal antibodies inhibit in vitro fibrillar aggregation of the Alzheimer beta-amyloid peptide.
(Solomon B; Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1996 Jan 9)
- Fusogenic properties of the C-terminal domain of the Alzheimer beta-amyloid peptide.
(Pillot T; J Biol Chem, 1996 Nov 15)
- The toxicity of the Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptide correlates with a distinct fiber morphology.
(Seilheimer B; J Struct Biol, 1997 Jun)
- Specific modulation of the fusogenic properties of the Alzheimer beta-amyloid peptide by
apolipoprotein E isoforms. (Pillot T; Eur J Biochem, 1997 Feb 1)
- N-terminal EFRH sequence of Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptide represents the epitope of its
anti-aggregating antibodies. (Frenkel D; J Neuroimmunol, 1998 Aug 1)
- Beta-amyloid peptide 25-35 regulates basal and hormone-stimulated Ca2+ levels in cultured
rat astrocytes. (Stix B; Neurosci Lett, 1998 Feb 27)
- P3 beta-amyloid peptide has a unique and potentially pathogenic immunohistochemical profile
in Alzheimer's disease brain. (Higgins LS; Am J Pathol, 1996 Aug)
- Physical, morphological and functional differences between ph 5.8 and 7.4 aggregates of
the Alzheimer's amyloid peptide Abeta. (Wood SJ; J Mol Biol, 1996 Mar 15)
- Beta-amyloid peptide secretion by a microglial cell line is induced by
beta-amyloid-(25-35) and lipopolysaccharide. (Bitting L; J Biol Chem, 1996 Jul 5)
- Beta-amyloid peptide induces tumor necrosis factor-alpha and nitric oxide production in
murine macrophage cultures. (Shalit F; Neuroreport, 1997 Nov 10)
- Investigation of beta-amyloid peptide by on-line high-performance liquid chromatography
coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. (Hamdan M; Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom, 1996)
- Physiological levels of beta-amyloid peptide stimulate protein kinase C in PC12 cells.
(Luo Y; Brain Res, 1997 Sep 26)
- Transforming growth factor-beta inhibits apoptosis induced by beta-amyloid peptide
fragment 25-35 in cultured neuronal cells. (Kim ES; Brain Res Mol Brain Res, 1998 Nov 20)
- alpha2-Macroglobulin as a beta-amyloid peptide-binding plasma protein. (Du Y; J Neurochem, 1997 Jul)
- TNFalpha plus IFNgamma induce the production of Alzheimer beta-amyloid peptides and
decrease the secretion of APPs. (Blasko I; FASEB J, 1999 Jan)
- Physiological levels of beta-amyloid peptide promote PC12 cell proliferation.
- Activation of nuclear factor-kappa B by beta-amyloid peptides and interferon-gamma in murine microglia. (Bonaiuto C; J Neuroimmunol, 1997 Jul)
(Luo Y; Neurosci Lett, 1996 Oct 18)
- Participation of gene expression in the protection against amyloid beta-peptide
toxicity by the beta-amyloid precursor protein. (Barger SW; Ann N Y Acad Sci, 1996 Jan 17)
- Alzheimer's beta-amyloid peptides induce inflammatory cascade in human
vascular cells: the roles of cytokines and CD40. (Suo Z; Brain Res, 1998 Oct 5)
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) is synthesized in neurons of the human
hippocampus and is capable of degrading the amyloid-beta peptide (1-40). (Backstrom JR; J Neurosci, 1996 Dec 15)
- Cerebrovascular accumulation and increased blood-brain barrier permeability to circulating Alzheimer's amyloid beta peptide in aged squirrel monkey with
cerebral amyloid angiopathy. (Mackic JB; J Neurochem, 1998 Jan)
- Accumulation of Alzheimer amyloid-beta peptide in cultured myocytes is
enhanced by serum and reduced by cerebrospinal fluid. (Mazur-Kolecka B; J
Neuropathol Exp Neurol, 1997 Mar)
- Amyloid-beta peptide activates cultured astrocytes: morphological alterations,
cytokine induction and nitric oxide release. (Hu J; Brain Res, 1998 Mar 2)
- Amyloid beta-peptide inhibits high-affinity choline uptake and acetylcholine release in rat hippocampal slices. (Kar S; J Neurochem, 1998 May)
- Aggregation state-dependent activation of the classical complement pathway by the amyloid beta peptide. (Webster S; J Neurochem, 1997 Jul)
- Inhibition of Alzheimer's amyloidosis by peptides that prevent beta-sheet conformation. (Soto C; Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 1996 Sep 24)
- Ceramide protects hippocampal neurons against excitotoxic and oxidative
insults, and amyloid beta-peptide toxicity. (Goodman Y; J Neurochem, 1996 Feb)
- Amyloid beta-peptide stimulates nitric oxide production in astrocytes through an NFkappaB-dependent mechanism. (Akama KT; Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1998 May 12)
- Amyloid beta peptide of Alzheimer's disease downregulates Bcl-2 and upregulates bax expression in human neurons. (Paradis E; J Neurosci, 1996 Dec 1)
- Amyloid beta-peptide induces cell monolayer albumin permeability, impairs
glucose transport, and induces apoptosis in vascular endothelial cells. (Blanc EM; J Neurochem, 1997 May)
- Nontoxic amyloid beta peptide 1-42 suppresses acetylcholine synthesis.
Possible role in cholinergic dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease. (Hoshi M; J Biol Chem, 1997 Jan 24)
- Amyloid beta-peptide is transported on lipoproteins and albumin in human plasma.
(Biere AL; J Biol Chem, 1996 Dec 20)
- Beta-amyloid (25-35) peptide and IFN-gamma synergistically induce the production of the chemotactic cytokine MCP-1/JE in monocytes and microglial cells. (Meda L; J Immunol, 1996 Aug 1)
- Exposure of rat hippocampal neurons to amyloid beta peptide (25-35) induces
- (-)Nicotine inhibits the activations of phospholipases A2 and D by amyloid beta peptide.
- (Singh IN; Brain Res, 1998 Aug 3)
Charge-based binding of complement component C1q to the Alzheimer amyloid beta-peptide. (Webster S; Am J Pathol, 1997 May)
- Amyloid beta-peptide induces apoptosis-related events in synapses and
dendrites. (Mattson MP; Brain Res, 1998 Oct 5)
- Transcription factor NF-kappaB is activated in primary neurons by amyloid beta
peptides and in neurons surrounding early plaques from patients with Alzheimer disease.
(Kaltschmidt B; Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1997 Mar 18)
- Disaggregation of Alzheimer beta-amyloid by site-directed mAb. (Solomon B;
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 1997 Apr 15)
- Beta-sheet breaker peptides inhibit fibrillogenesis in a rat brain model of
amyloidosis: implications for Alzheimer's therapy [see comments] (Soto C; Nat Med, 1998 Jul)